Do you want to create digital stickers that are personalized to your needs, but you have no idea how to get started? In this post I’ll show you how to make digital stickers in PowerPoint.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a great program for all things digital planning. You can create digital planners and digital notebooks easily using it, but can also create digital stickers.
Please note though that in order to be able to export the designs you create as a PNG file (with transparent background) you need to be using the desktop app version of PowerPoint. I tried to create this sticker with the free version of PowerPoint online and wasn’t able to export the images.
But without and delays, let’s get to the tutorial:
How To Make Digital Stickers In PowerPoint
Here’s an easy way to create personalized stickers that you can use in your digital planners or in your digital notebooks all inside PowerPoint.
1. Go go ahead and start Powerpoint.
2. Create a blank presentation and then get rid of this title box inside the first slide.
3. Inside PowerPoint, you can insert either shapes or icons, whatever you need to create your personalized digital sticker.
Think of what kind of sticker you want to create then search for the best shape or icon to help you create that design.
For this example I’m going to create a ‘Sweet Dreams’ sticker and this cloud icon is going to work just fine.
3. I’m going to make it bigger so when I export it has a better resolution.
4. Now it’s time to format this icon, you can change its color, add shade effects, outlines etc.
Also add your text and choose a font you like.
5. And here the design is ready, let’s group the text and the shape to create one element.
To do that select both elements at once, and then press Ctrl + G to group them.
Once they are grouped, you can move the elements together and edit them as one piece.
6. To export it as a digital sticker, you have to right click over the design then click on ‘Save as picture’.
It’s going to export the image as a PNG file that has a transparent background.
Once you have created all your personalized stickers, all you have to do is to add them to your digital planner or your digital notebook.
And this is how you make sticker for PowerPoint planners. But PowerPoint isn’t the only program you can use to create stickers.
In fact you can create stickers in a variety of ways using programs such as Keynote, Canva, Affinity Designer and Procreate.